I feel like Dave Schneider may have singlehandedly helped everydaymusic make a smooth transition into the next decade. What would we do without him? Probably suck. I know it’s 2010, and I know last year was a pretty shitty year for music, but let’s talk about 2009 just one more time. Check out Dave’s Top 10 Singles of 2009.
A lot happened in the 2000s. This is a cultural/artistic review of the decade and the year 2009.
2009 was a particularly bad year for the arts but I put together lists anyway, often with numbers 10 through 4 being begrudging fillers. Some of these lists don’t have explanations because I either didn’t care enough to justify the list or I had already written an expanded list elsewhere.
Happy New Years, everyone! Onward to the 2010s! God bless
The Top Singles of 2009
10. “Waking Up in Vegas” by Katy Perry
9. “Fireflies” by Owl City
8. “Day n Nite” by Kid Cudi
7. “Black Hearts (On Fire)” by Jet
6. “Bad Romance” by Lady Gaga
5. “Right Round” by Flo Rida
4. “Empire State of Mind” by Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys
3. “You Belong With Me” by Taylor Swift
2. “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga
1. “My Girls” by Animal Collective